NOYAC CIVIC COUNCIL
Article 1: MEETINGS
- Regular meetings of the Council shall be held at the Council’s discretion giving the membership ample notice.
- Special Meetings of the Council may be called by the President of the Trustees, when deemed necessary, or upon written request of at least five (5) members of the Council in good standing, delivered to the President of the Trustees. The Corresponding Secretary shall give to each member, at least six (6) days prior thereto, proper and timely notice of such special meeting which notice shall contain the place and time at which such special meeting is to convene.
Article 2: QUORUM-VOTING
- Twelve (12) members in good standing shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business of the Council. Five (5) members of the Executive Committee in good standing shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business of the Executive Committee.
- A majority of the members present and voting shall be sufficient for the adoption of any resolution, except as otherwise provided by the NCC Constitution or by these By-Laws.
Article 3: NOMINATION, ELECTION, APPOINTMENT AND INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS
- The candidates for offices of the Council shall be placed in nomination at the regular meeting in June of each year, except as hereinafter provided. The election of Officers shall be held by paper ballot and the results certified at the regular meeting in July of each year. The Officers elected shall qualify and shall assume office at the first meeting in September of each year.
- A local official shall be appointed by the President to officiate at the induction of new Officers at the September meeting.
- The term of Officers shall be two (2) years for all Officers, except Trustees, whose term shall be three (3) years.
Article 4: RESIGNATION OR REMOVAL OF OFFICERS
Any Officer may resign his or her office at any time, and if absent three (3) consecutive meetings without just cause, his or her office may be declared vacant and his or her successor elected, provided that he or she is first notified of the intended action of the Council and be directed to show cause for such absence and why his or her office should not be declared vacant.
Article 5: AUDITS
The Trustees shall examine and audit the accounts of the Treasurer annually for the calendar year and shall present the report by the May meeting and otherwise from time to time as directed.
Article 6: SPECIAL RULES OF ORDER
The Council shall follow Robert’s Rules of Order.
Article 7: ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Call to Order
- Roll Call of Officers
- Treasurer’s Report
- Reading of Minutes of previous meeting
- Old Business
- New Business
Article 8: DONATIONS
Any request for a donation to a reputable organization, institution or worthy cause requires pre-approval by the NCC Executive Committee. Upon approval by the Executive Committee, the donation request shall be presented to the membership at a regular or a special meeting for approval by majority vote. In no case shall any donation be made by the Council in an amount which would exceed one quarter (1/4) of the balance of the funds on hand.
Article 9: EFFECTIVE DATE
The Constitution and the By-Laws shall take effect immediately upon adoption and shall repeal the Constitution and By-Laws heretofore existing. This is to certify that the foregoing Constitution and By-Laws of the NOYAC CIVIC COUNCIL, INC. were approved and adopted at a regular meeting thereof on the ____ day of 2016 to take effect immediately.
Dated: December 13, 2016
Elena Loreto, President