GUEST: Southampton Town Police Chief, Steven Skrynecki, discussed the State of the Police Department, New Initiatives, the Impact of Community Relations and How the Department will Make Better Use of its Resources. (Minutes to come...)
Items of Interest:
- Southampton Town recently established a link on its website to report airport noise. https://airnoisereport.com All complaints will be forwarded to relevant agencies, elected representatives, and community groups. The Town will also forward complaints to other noise monitoring services that request it. This reporting tool was made possible by the efforts of the Airport Noise Advisory Committee, which includes Councilwoman Christine Scalera and NCC Members Barry Holden and Gene Polito. Thank you all.
- On Tuesday, June 13, at 1 PM, a public hearing on the repeal of the Planned Development Districts (PDD) will be held at Town Hall. The bill is sponsored by Town Supervisor Jay Schneiderman .
- NCC Charles Neuman will give an updated report on our 2017 Membership Drive at the June 13 meeting.
- NCC member Carolyn Kirrane has been working with Southampton Parks and Rec. Director Kristen Doulos to solve some safety and sanitary issues at Long Beach. Thank you, Carolyn.
- NCC Member Kevin Dehler and Amity Lucas have developed a plan to beautify the circle at Long Beach. They have been working with Councilman Glinka and Councilwoman Lofstad, PSE&G, Suffolk County’s DPW and Suffolk Cty. Legislator (and NCC member) Bridget Fleming. Thank you, Kevin, Amity and Bridget.
The Noyac Civic Council is the strongest advocate for quality of life issues in our hamlet. If you share in the NCC’s values and want to volunteer, please contact Elena.