Noyac is blessed with magnificent bays and inlets, wonderful beaches, spectacular sunsets and a quality of life that is fast disappearing in many parts of the country. It is a quality of life that we actively strive to preserve.
The NCC advocates on behalf of all our residents, tackling many important issues...
The NCC has been instrumental in calling attention to the potential for serious water contamination at Sand Land Mine, Millstone Road/Middleline Hwy, Water Mill.
We are working closely with the Suffolk County Department of Health and our representatives. Suffolk County Health Services is now in court seeking a judicial order to gain access to the site so they can test and monitor this dangerous operation that sits right atop our drinking water aquifer.
- The acquisition of Noyac Rd by the town of Southampton to help ensure local input regarding maintenance and future modifications.
- NCC maintains an ongoing dialogue with the Southampton Town Board, Highway Department and the Police Department to improve the safety, maintenance and enhancement of Noyac Rd.
Aircraft Noise Abatement
- NCC took an active role to work with East Hampton Town Officials to pass three resolutions to control aircraft noise through curfews and decibel level restrictions.
- Click button below to access Southampton Town's new airport noise reporting system.
Land Use Issues
- Removing the signage eyesore hindering Turtle Cove’s view of sunsets.
- The Wildwood Rd. property access/land use and noise abatement.
- Supported streamlining the Planned Development District (PDD) process in Southampton.
- Advocated for maintaining the open space rural character of Noyac Road with the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Sag Harbor and Southampton Fire and Ambulance Corps
- Sag Harbor Food Pantry
- Youth Organizations and Veteran Organizations
- Scholarships for Higher Education to NCC Members
SPONSOR SOCIAL EVENTS
- Children’s Holiday Party (hosted by Dowling’s Restaurant)
- Holiday Dinner Dance
Ongoing Activities of the NCC Include:
- Guest speaker presentations at our monthly meetings by elected officials and candidates from the U.S. Congress, New York State, Southampton Town, Suffolk County, the Sag Harbor School District, East Hampton Airport, Group for the East End, and Southampton Hospital to address issues of concern to our residents.
- Discussion meetings with Town Department Managers and Administrators to inform residents of issues regarding senior citizen programs and activities,
- Transportation issues, taxation and environmental concerns.
- The Great East End Clean Up
- and more!