Mission statement –
The “Noyac Civic Council, Incorporated” in the Town of Southampton, New York was organized and instituted to encourage and support the quality of life concerns for its members through social, educational and governmental interaction
The NCC strives to create a balance between forward thinking, the core values of preservation and the rights of our residents. We provide community service and support charities. We help represent our citizens at town hall.
NCC Business Membership and Discounts
The NCC helps promote businesses that support our endeavors. How it works:
- Present your NCC membership cards for a NCC Member Discount or Member's Exclusive Offers from participating businesses.
- Business Memberships will be offered to those businesses offering member discounts, the terms of which will have to be worked out by NCC Officers.
- Coming soon "NCC Businesses Directory". (Please contact us if you can help organize and facilitate this directory.)
Participating Businesses Offering NCC Member Discounts:
Henry Persan Hardware Division St., Sag Harbor, 10% Tuesdays, excluding electrical tools.
Serene Green Farm Stand 3980 Noyac Rd. (631-334-6311)
The Whalebone Gen. Store 10% off on any weekday Mon.-Fri., excluding tobacco, lottery and newspapers.
Cromer's 10% on Tuesdays, excluding sale items, beer, cigarettes, milk, bread and holiday catering.
Nancy's Tailoring 3334 Noyac Rd. (inside Burkshire complex) 10% discount-Winter months until April 20, 2015. 631-725-1517.
The Wharf Shop 10% off Tuesday and Wednesday Jan. 1- June 30, 2015.
Tightlines Tackle Shop 53 Bay Street, Sag Harbor @ Sag Harbor Yacht Yard. 725-0740. 5% on all tackle (Exclusions: Rods, Reels and Merchandise @ catalogue prices)
Maura's Hair Studio 2 Aberdeen Lane, off Noyac Rd., Sag Harbor 725-5608. 10% off Tuesday and Wednesday.
Revco Lighting and Electrical Supply 360 County Rd. 39A Southampton,631-283-3600. 10% on decorative lighting and landscape lighting. You must purchase lighting fixtures through Jennifer (mention code "NYCC"). Revco can also answer specific questions you have on design, construction and maintenance landscape lighting. (See Jay Ratto for landscape lighting questions.)
Why Support the Noyac Civic Council?
NCC actively participated in the successful resolution of a number of issues:
- The acquisition of Noyac Rd by the town of Southampton to help ensure local input regarding maintenance and future modifications.
- Maintain a dialogue with the Southampton Police Department to monitor the speed of vehicles on Noyac Road.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue with Superintendent of Highways, Alex Gregor,
- to continually improve the safety of Noyac Road.
- Aircraft Noise Abatement
- Successfully got 2 Southampton representatives appointed to the East Hampton Noise Abatement Committee.
- Supported Senator Schumer and Congressman Bishop’s current resolution for
- the FAA to control helicopter noise by establishing a Northern Route.
- Enlisted support from other Southampton Civic groups, from North Haven
- Trustees and from Southold Town officials.
- Advocated for monitoring the ground-water of our sole-source aquifer. Subsequently, Assemblyman Thiele, Jr. wrote legislation supporting ground water monitoring.
Land Use Issues
- Removing the signage eyesore hindering Turtle Cove’s view of sunsets.
- The Wildwood Rd. property access/land use and noise abatement.
- Supported streamlining the Planned Development District (PDD) process in Southampton.
- Advocated for maintaining the open space rural character of Noyac Road with the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Ongoing Activities of the NCC Include
- Guest speaker presentations at our monthly meetings by elected officials and candidates from the U.S. Congress, New York State, Southampton Town, Suffolk County, the Sag Harbor School District, East Hampton Airport, Group for the East End, and Southampton Hospital to address issues of concern to our residents.
- Discussion meetings with Town Department Managers and Administrators to inform residents of issues regarding senior citizen programs and activities, transportation issues, taxation and environmental concerns.
The NCC Supports Charitable Endeavors
- Sponsorship of an annual college scholarship($500) to a Noyac student
- Support of local Fire & Ambulance Corps
- The Sag Harbor Food Pantry,
- PTA and local youth organizations
- Veteran organizations
- The Hampton Center for Rehabilitation
- The Great East End Clean Up
The NCC Provides Social Events for the Community
- Annual Children’s Holiday Party (sponsored by Dowling’s Restaurant)
- Holiday Dinner Dance